Both of Steve’s grandmothers were proud and hardworking, and it was not their plan to end up in nursing homes for the remaining years of their lives, but they did. Steve had wished differently for them, and this became his calling. It is his goal and mission in life to educate retirees on how to properly plan and prepare for retirement.
Steve started his career in the financial services profession in 1979 advising seniors and retirees in northeast Oklahoma on Medicare and the importance of long-term care. He is motivated to educate seniors and his peers on the importance of managing risk in retirement, because he believes that’s missing among today’s retirement income planning professionals.
Steve has earned the designation of Retirement Income Certified Professional® from the American College of Financial Services. This allows him to better serve retirees and pre-retirees seeking professional retirement income planning advice. This designation allows him to continue offering the level of professional and comprehensive service that he believes every retiree should have.
Steve also conducts educational workshops on risk management and comprehensive retirement income planning.
He has served on the local and state boards of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA) as a past state president and past president for the Tulsa chapter.
In his spare time, Steve loves traveling and spending quality time with his wife Sharon of 45 years. They have two children and three grandchildren. He is an accomplished martial artist and enjoys going to the gym and running with his dogs, Comet and Ace.
Elizabeth has been with Retirement Benefit Advisors since August of 2018. She started out as the Administrative Assistant and is now the Executive Assistant/Office Manager. Her responsibilities and contributions include:
- Overseeing general office operation.
- Greeting visitors, answering a high-volume of incoming phone calls and delivering world-class service to our customers
- Coordinating appointments and meetings and managing staff calendars and schedules.
- Supervising, mentoring, training, and coaching our office staff and delegating assignments to ensure maximum productivity.
- Producing reports, composing correspondence, and drafting new contracts.
- Assisting with, entering, and processing approved payments
- Developing and maintaining Client files
- Developing and maintaining various financial reports.
- Managing the inventory of office supplies, ordering additional supplies as needed and ensuring that costs are appropriately managed
Madeline has been working from home and in the office with Retirement Benefit Advisors since April of 2020. While in the office she is the first person you see when walking up the stairs.
- Organizes and implements the RBA proprietary process, “The Ohana FORMula” with all our clients.
- Fields and directs all incoming phone calls
- Receives and directs visitors
- Updates RBA data bases
- Creates and maintains all new client files
- Ensures all items in the office are stocked and in good working order
Daisha has recently become the Marketing Director of Retirement Benefit Advisors. She has been working with her grandpa’s firm (Steve Bowlds AKA Grampy) since she was 16 years old. She currently assists in marketing collaboration, evaluates project activities and results, and implements research efforts. She assists in promotional messaging and works to publish and distribute them to the public via media, advertising, and social media.